The Parks and Recreation Department is working with the University of Arizona, Masters of Public Administration (Methods for Program Evaluation Class) to conduct a variety of evaluations across the Department. As a valuable learning experience for students, and a local source of insight for the community, this partnership provides mutual benefit and an exciting opportunity to gain citizen perspective about Parks and Recreation services and facilities.
12 groups have identified scopes-of-work and are in process of completing the assessments.
1) Online survey of the “value” of Parks & Recreation
2) Youth (birth-teen)
4) Older Adults
6) Recreation Centers
7) Services and Demographics (CENSUS, GIS, All areas including E, SW, NW)
8) Internal Staff Perspectives
9) Special Populations
10) Benefits to Other Agencies (e.g., Police, Prevention/Health, Mental Health, Juvenile Court, other non-profits)
11) Marketing and Outreach (e.g., Advertising, Media, etc.)
12) Management Team
The students’ final reports will be used to assist and complement future studies and actions associated with the department’s CAPRA Accreditation and strategic planning functions. Visit the Parks and Recreation website for survey and information: www.tucsonaz.gov/parksandrec
. Your participation and active support in these exercises is appreciated.